This grant is designed to promote mutual understanding between United States and Canadian citizens. Recipients from participating U.S. Institutions undertake one year of study at a participating Canadian university. All academic fields are eligible, and most students design their own course of study.
To apply: visit the Killam web site and apply online.
Killam Fellowship Recipients: 2007-2008
- Marcus Allen - SPA, Law and Society (Honors)
- Rachel Cannon - SIS, International Studies (Honors)- Mount Allison University - Spring '09
- Alison DeLombard - CAS, French Studies and Spanish Studies (Honors) - Universit�� de Montreal- Fall '08
Killam Fellowship Recipients: 2006-2007
- Curtis Harris - SIS, International Studies (Honors) - University of Ottawa - Fall '07 (Frederick Douglas Scholar)
- Maureen Reed - CAS, Music Theater, Jr. - Dalhousie University - Spring '08
- Alison Shott - CAS, Pol. Science (Honors) - Acadia University - Fall '07
- Katie Young - CAS, Philosophy / Women and Gender Studies (Honors) - McMaster University - Fall '07
Killam Fellowship Recipients: 2005-2006
- Anna Hutchinson - CAS, Literature - University of Ottawa - Spring '07
- Bradford White - Kogod, Marketing - Queens University - Spring '07
- Cameron Jelinski - Political Science - University of Ottawa - Spring '07
- Heather Desserud - Medieval Literature - Acadia University - Fall '04
North American Awards For AU Abroad
North American Student Mobility Awards are sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education's program for North American Mobility in Higher Education. In addition to AU Abroad's mobility awards, AU students are eligible for special grants to cover costs associated with studying abroad at certain universities in Canada and Mexico.
To apply: contact Tina Murray for more information on these awards.
Fulbright Mexico Fellowship - Mexican scholars may apply for Fulbright fellowships to teach at a U.S. university. Visit the COMEXUS website for further details. Please contact CNAS if you are interested in American University as your host institution.
Fulbright Canada - Canadian scholars may apply for Fulbright fellowships to teach at a U.S. university. Visit the Fulbright Canada Web site for further details. Please contact CNAS if you are interested in American University as your host institution.