For the first time, the Model North American Parliament, called "Triumvirate," will be held at AU in Washington, D.C. from May 20-25, 2007. AU's Center for North American Studies is co-sponsoring the event with the Montreal-based North American Forum on Integration. An estimated 100 students from Canada, Mexico, and the U.S. will learn about and debate North American issues, including immigration, homeland security, free trade, and the environment. The registration cost for American University students who do not need housing is $260 per student.
- Visit the TRIUMVIRATE web site for more information.
- For those students whose universities are not participating but who still wish to take part in the Triumvirate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CNAS established a summer institute which was an intensive program designed to meet the needs of graduate and upper-level undergraduate business students interested in the issues and players in the emerging North American economy. The program includes lectures and site visits to businesses, government agencies, and trade associations that will allow students to meet leading academics and practitioners working in the field of North American business.
- Summer Institute 2003: Discovering North America
- Summer Institute 2004: Discovering North America
- Summer Institute 2005: Discovering North American Business
- Summer Institute 2006: NAFTA and the North American Business Environment