Award Winning Staff
The Office of Information Technology recognizes the exceptional efforts and accomplishments, both collaborative and individual, of the OIT staff. We celebrated the first annual internal OIT awards program in December as a forward tradition to acknowledge exceptional efforts. These awards are our way of celebrating individual contributions to our OIT team and community, and also in promoting standards of excellence for each of us moving forward. The following individuals were recognized at the Fall 2009 semi-annual OIT all-hands meeting.
Front row (from left to right): Eric Weakland, Laurie Ambach, Dale Roberts
Back row: Terry Fernandez, CaroLyn Jimenez, Chris Gehring, Funda Topcuoglu, Matteo Becchi
- Laurie Ambach was honored with the Campus Partner award for consistently striving to actively engage partnerships throughout OIT's sister support organizations to continue to improve the educational environment and experience. She is recognized by AU as an involved collaborator on University initiatives.
- Eric Weakland was honored with the Critical Thinker award for demonstrating consistent critical thinking on aspects of our IT environment, whether they be projects, maintenance, operations, security, or service. This apparent mindset depicts patience to consider alternative solutions and possibilities, and/or varied perspectives before taking a stance on the path to desired outcomes.
- CaroLyn Jimenez was honored with the Customer Service award for consistently reflecting a positive light upon OIT and individual units in the customers' eyes. She brings customer advocacy to almost all activities, and puts a strong emphasis on timely, customer-focused communications.
- Dale Roberts was honored with the Dependability award for demonstrating performance, attendance, punctuality, commitment level, and success exemplifies dependability. He works with a genuine concern about letting others down.
- Matteo Becchi was honored with the Enlarger award for consistently enlarging others through their actions, striving to improve knowledge levels, dependability, effort, and ultimately organizational value through encouragement, sharing, discussion, fair mindedness, and exemplary commitment to quality. He sees opportunity for peer, supervisor, and subordinate growth and development and selflessly and professionally invests in others with consistency.
- Funda Topcuoglu was honored with the Initiative award for being self-motivated, accepting responsibility and work easily, not avoiding work, and movings the organization forward through voluntary individual effort and energy.
- Terry Fernandez was honored with the Leadership by Example award for demonstrating a commitment to professionalism and to AU depicting the suite of characteristics that most of us should aspire to exemplify ourselves. She depicts humility, accountability to others, accountability to timelines, responsibility, self awareness, patience, creativity, and self regulation.
- Chris Gehring was honored with the Vision award for demonstrating a long view in making many short term decisions, not always applying the quick fix. He strives to not sacrifice alignment with OIT and AU's general directions. OIT's recognized forward thinker keeps conversations moving forward pointed towards our defined broader themes and initiatives.